Q: just drove a brand new truck off the lot today and 10 minutes down the road it starts blowing blue smoke out the exhaust and engin

asked by on December 21, 2016

I just drove a brand new truck off the lot today and 10 minutes down the road it starts blowing blue smoke out the exhaust and the engine oil pressure gauge goes to zero. What do you assume happened in this isntance since the engine is brand new and not yet worn?

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. In this situation you need to make sure you take the vehicle back to the dealership immediately. Assuming it is already there, they should be able to compensate for your time and energy. There are several ways the oil can leak into the engine and be consumed. If this is the case, the level of oil would be incredibly low, and damage to the new engine is possible. The PCV valve may also be sucking in oil. Typically brand new engines will utilize a break in oil, and it is possible there was a different oil put in when there should not have been. The vehicle should be under warranty and fixed by the dealership. Your new vehicle should not consume oil.