Q: Does the Transmission and Differential take the same fluid on a Acura TSX?

I was wondering if the differential fluid in 2013 Acura TSX is separate from transmission fluid, or is it part of the same fluid system. In other words, if I get the transmission fluid replaced, will the differential fluid be replaced at the same time?

Hello, I would not recommend to use transmission fluid for the differential. Yes, Acura did use a transmission fluid for the rear differential originally called Z1 but a new fluid (DW1) was formulated and Z1 production ceased. However the fluid needed for your rear differential fluid exchange is DPSF. I suggest to use the DPSF fluid because that meets the new specifications of Acura. DW-1 has been used in differential exchanges before on your particular vehicle by some but that would not be my first choice. The DPSF fluid will not be as expensive if you order offline. A great website to do so is http://acura.bernardiparts.com/Acura-Automatic-Transmission-Fluid%20__ACURA-TRANSFLUID.aspx
There you can get all of your differential fluid for about $25.

3. Does the Transmission and Differential take the same fluid on a Acura TSX?