Q: Where is the location of the thermostatic fan switch?

Can't find the location of the thermo fan switch in the engine...can you help me pls? Thanks,Roy!

Hi there. The thermostatic fan switch is located under the hood, in the center rear engine area, below valve cover, and is mounted on lower driver side of engine block. The thermostatic fan switch turns on the electric fans when the engine has reached operating temperature. Before replacing the switch, check to see if the wiring harness is connected to the switch. Sometimes the wires fall off the switch or break causing the switch to not work and is usually misdiagnosed. Make sure that there is a voltage to the switch. If there is a voltage to the switch, then take a bride wire from the switch wire to the fan motor and see if the fan will come on. If the fan comes on, then the switch has failed. If the fan does not come on, then the fan motor has failed. If you need further assistance with the location of the thermostatic fan switch, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.