Q: Car diagnoses says bad thermostat and shop said they had to replace the whole housing system as it isn't separate

Took car into shop and paid a diagnoses fee for them to say the thermostat was stuck open and it would be $600 to fix which blew my mind. I called back when I noticed the diagnoses replacing the thermostat and housing when the only issue is the thermostat. They said that they only come together which shouldn't be true for that vehicle. I wanted to see if that make/model does indeed have them together or if I can just replace the thermostat standalone through YourMechanic. They really told me a coolant flush was necessary and what are your thoughts on that? Thanks!

I have verified that the thermostat is only replaced with the housing since the housing and thermostat are built together and not sold or replaced separately.

3. Car diagnoses says bad thermostat and shop said they had to replace the whole housing system as it isn't separate