Q: I have a 2008 Chevy Impala and the engine light came on and it reads reduced power and it clunks when you put it in gear.

asked by on June 27, 2017

The engine light is on and it reads low on power and when you put the car in drive it clunks

Reduced Power light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. In order for me to know what is going on with your car I would need to scan the computer for codes to see what is coming up. Though there are a lot of things that can cause this, most of the time it is caused by an issue with the throttle body failing or an issue with the accelerator pedal assembly. I would get a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to check it out to see [why the reduced power light is coming on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/reduced-power-light-is-on-inspection

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr