Q: One of the rack and pinion boot is wet, but the power steering fluid container is to the normal level.

One of the rack and pinion boot is wet, but the power steering fluid container is in the normal level even though that leak is been there over a year. Also, only when driving the car, specially when has been parked overnight, a noise comes from that same side, and it makes the noise more when backing up.

If the boot is getting wet but is not actively leaking or show drips then the leaks is considered only a residue leak and may not need to have any work needed. For the noise you did not mention the side the noise is coming from or what boot is showing a leak. I suggest having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic inspect the boot and the noise for you to diagnose the problems for you to see what is making the noise.

3. One of the rack and pinion boot is wet, but the power steering fluid container is to the normal level.