Q: Car idling slowly and losing power

asked by on October 18, 2016

Car won't go past like 10 miles a hour like it's in 1st gear or something it sound like its tryin but it just won't go so eventually it gives up and loses all power from car . I don't think the car has had a transmission fluid change recently so idk if that a problem also

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $445.00 Get a Quote

Hello.

From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle may be experiencing some sort of serious transmission or engine performance issue. If the transmission fluid hasn’t been changed in a long time it may be possible that the transmission was damaged due to dirty or contaminated fluid. It may also be possible that the engine is having some sort of issue that has put the vehicle into limp mode and is severely limiting its power. This can be caused by many things. As the issue could possibly be serious in nature, I would recommend having a professional technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose the vehicle’s loss of power and change the transmission fluid or make any repairs if necessary.

Regards,

Eduardo YourMechanic