Q: What does the Oil Pressure Low – Stop Engine message mean?

What does the Oil Pressure Low – Stop Engine message mean?

The Oil Pressure Low – Stop Engine message appears when the oil pressure switch, which is located on the engine, has detected low oil pressure. Low oil pressure can be caused by a number of things including a low oil level, excessive clearance between internal engine parts or problems with the oil pump. A faulty oil pressure switch/circuit or a bad oil pressure gauge could also be to blame.

When this warning appears, the first thing to do is pull off to the side of the road to a safe location and shut the engine off. Next, open the hood and check the oil level on the dip stick. If the level is low, top it off. Then have your vehicle inspected by a professional as soon as possible to determine the low oil level cause. If the oil level is full but the light is still on, do not drive your vehicle. Instead, safely transfer the car to a safe location, such as your house. There, an expert from YourMechanic can inspect your vehicle to determine the cause of your Oil Pressure Light.

3. What does the Oil Pressure Low – Stop Engine message mean?