Q: I would like to know what parts I need to replace VVT ECCENTRIC SHAFT SENSOR and Valve cover

asked by on February 11, 2017

So I took my BMW to get checked and they told me that my VVT eccentric shaft sensor needed to be replaced and also that my valve cover is cracked. It was estimated to cost 2500$ which seemed too much. What I need to know is what parts I need to order to replace the valve cover because it's cracked. When I look it up it says valve cover gasket and I feel like that is incorrect. Please help

Although we would need to confirm using your VIN number, the required valve cover in your application appears to be part #: BMW-11127552281. The required BMW Eccentric Shaft Sensor (Valvetronic) is part #: VDO-S119565001Z. These OEM parts can be installed more economically for you by a mobile professional mechanic versus the cost you will see at a dealer. If you desire that these parts be replaced by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request quotes for valve cover/gasket replacement as well as VVT sensor or solenoid replacement. Once you set up an appointment, the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.