Q: Q: Engine does not turn over

Hi my Mazda 121 was running fine I had it sit for 2 months now will sometimes turn over but only last for 5 secs . I tried to jump start it and it still is doing the same thing

Hello. The symptoms you describe are commonly caused by issues with the battery or starting system. If the battery runs low it will not have enough power to crank the engine, which may result in an engine that does not crank, or suddenly stops while doing so. The same can also be caused by a faulty starter The starter is the component that physically cranks the engine, and can cause all sorts of starting issues if the it, or it’s solenoid wear out. Other possibilities include wiring issues, or issues with the ignition switch. If the car sat for 2 months then it is very possible that the battery ran low during that time, even more so if the battery was left connected. A load test on the battery could reveal if it may be the issue. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what may be causing your starting issues.

3. Q: Engine does not turn over