Q: Car won't start or crank after rebuild and battery replacement.

asked by on December 20, 2016

I have a 07 GMC Acadia I just rebuilt the engine and put new timing chains in it, I have also replaced the battery, after assembly the car wont start or even crank, the headlights come on and the dash and everything lights up, the check engine light and traction control light stay lit, and when you turn the key all the lights go out and nothing happens, then when you release the key, the car dings like you just turned the key on and everything lights back up

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there:

Due to the fact that there are multiple variables that we don’t know about what was possibly removed, replaced or loosened up during your major repairs, it’s very difficult to give you some ideas of what to inspect. However, assuming everything was perfectly replaced and nothing is loose or not attached, it’s possible that your ignition cylinder or relay is damaged or faulty. It’s also possible that a starter relay is faulty or damaged that’s causing these issues. It’s best to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection in order to determine what’s causing these problems.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr