Q: I have a trouble code that states my fuel pressure rail sensor is inappropriately high.

Fuel rail pressure sensor is inappropriately high

A: Hello there, a few common faults will cause...

Hello there, a few common faults will cause your 2010 Volkswagen CC to have a high fuel pressure code. There are two paths for this, either your car has high fuel pressure, or the car is reading the fuel pressure incorrectly. If the fuel pressure is high likely causes would be a kinked fuel line or a faulty fuel pressure regulator. If the pressure is reading incorrectly the fuel pressure sensor, wiring harness fault or ECU could be suspect. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your trouble code further and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.