Q: Nut holding stabilizer arm to rear strut won't come off ( it just spins with the bolt ).

Trying to remove rear strut. Bolt connecting strut to plastic stabilizer (?) arm just spins when I try to loosen the nut. There is sort of a nut on the back of the bracket, but I can't get a wrench to stay on it ( its only about as thick as a quarter ). Is there a special tool to hold the bolt?

A: Hello. This is where all those DIY skills c...

Hello. This is where all those DIY skills come into play. This scenario has baffled every car technician at some point in their career, from new to Master Mechanic. What is required is to use whatever is at hand to temporarily jam the nut you mention to the bracket. If you have a MIG welder and know how to use it, spot weld the nut to the bracket. If you have locking pliers, use them. Just use anything that gives you just enough grip to break the bolt loose. Cut the head of the bolt off (grinder with a cutoff wheel), or the nut if there is better clearance. It's "creativity time" - just remember you're right next to the fuel tank. So make sure to be cautious and take appropriate safety pre-cautions. If you need assistance with this, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to remove and/or replace the strut for you.