Q: What does it mean to "Service Tire Monitor System"?

asked by on September 11, 2017

The indicator on the dash board is: Service Tire Monitor System. What does that mean and what is involved?

Hi Marguerite. Thanks for contacting us this morning. The tire monitoring system or TMPS is designed to keep track of tire pressure on each of your four tires. When this warning light illuminates, it typically means that one of these sensors (which are installed inside the wheel) is either damaged or not correctly relaying the information to the ECU. The best way to determine the exact reason this light is on is to have a professional mechanic complete a warning light inspection, so they can determine which sensor is faulty and make the recommended repairs.