Q: Coolant in oil

asked by on February 02, 2016

I have coolant in my oil. The car also has an oil leak. I think I might have a blown head gasket.

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

While coolant in the oil is usually sign of a blown head gasket, its possible intake seals have started to corrode and leak coolant into the crankcase. I would recommend a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, do a cylinder compression test and/or leakdown test to determine where the coolant is leaking from. While they are inspecting the head gasket, the oil leak should be diagnosed as well.