Q: Are Jaguars generally reliable?

Looking to purchase a used car and really like Jaguars. Are they generally reliable. Do they have excessive mechanical issues?

Hi there:

To be completely honest, I’ve never known a Jaguar owner who hasn’t had their car in for service at least three times during ownership. They are notorious for faulty electrical systems, fuel system issues and transmission problems. Unless you’re prepared to pay for the upkeep and are extremely good about routine service and maintenance; i’d pass up this vehicle; especially if it’s used.