Q: No power when I turn the key.

I walked out to my car and when I went to turn the key, no power to the gauges or door locks. Upon checking the battery and cables I checked the fuse box under hood. No power to ignition or Trans solenoid. Then I checked the inside fuse panel. Half the panel has no power.

A: Check the battery ground cable (black cable...

Check the battery ground cable (black cable going to the chassis of the car) to be sure you have a proper ground connection as this sounds like a common ground problem. Also, check the battery health to be sure it is not weak or dead. Additionally, you may have a short somewhere in your electrical system which can be very difficult to trace. I recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the loss of power to ensure proper repair.