Q: Passenger side door not unlocking manually with key. Key won't insert into the door. Trunk lock works fine.

Hi, the remote unlocking features of my key stopped working about a year ago and I have been manually unlocking the door ever since. However, recently I have not been able to unlock the driver side door with by inserting the key manually. I have to insert the key into the trunk to unlock the entire car. Whenever I try to insert the key, it feels like it is not the right key to the car. Please advise.

Hi there. The door lock cylinder has either an object in side it causing the key to not fit or the pins inside the cylinder has fallen into the key hole. I recommend replacing the door lock cylinder. If you need further assistance with your key not working in the door lock cylinder, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Passenger side door not unlocking manually with key. Key won't insert into the door. Trunk lock works fine.