Q: If you are replacing the heater core on your 2002 Jeep Liberty, would you also replace your thermostat at the same time?

If you are replacing your 2002 Jeep libertys heater-core, should you also replace your thermostat?

Hi there:

Anytime you replace cooling system components; like a heater core, it’s always a good idea to replace the thermostat at the same time. In most cases, the thermostat is one part that tends to wear out sooner than other cooling system components; so it’s a good idea to swap them out to ensure you don’t have coolant flow issues once you’ve replaced the heater core.

3. If you are replacing the heater core on your 2002 Jeep Liberty, would you also replace your thermostat at the same time?