Q: Truck hard to start and seems to be a fuel injection problem.

It is hard to get my pickup to start. Throttle response varies, almost as if it is lacking fuel. More than likely the Fuel Injection Control Module is going out or has already. What's wrong with my car?

The issue may or may not be the Fuel Injection Control Module, but the issue is certainly fuel related. I would recommend having your truck inspected by a professional who is experienced with diesel engine diagnosis. It is possible that the FICM may be bad or the injectors, fuel pump, or fuel filter. Having the fuel filter replaced at regular intervals on a diesel engine is recommended. I would also make sure the fuel filter change is up to date as this may be affecting your engines performance. This symptom may also be associated with a check engine light, in which case the same professional should be able to read trouble codes and further assist you in your diagnosis.

3. Truck hard to start and seems to be a fuel injection problem.