Q: Headlights dont come on but highbeams and running lights do

Head lights don't turn on but running lights do. Can click the high beams on but not low beams. I tried to put new headlights in and still nothing?

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Your description fits the most common culprit in GM products of the era: the headlight dimmer/turn signal combination switch. Typical replacement involves removing the steering column trim covers and a couple of screws holding the switch in place. If you would like help with this diagnostic or replacement (headlight dimmer or turn signal switch), consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect your headlights for you and performing the necessary repairs.

3. Headlights dont come on but highbeams and running lights do