Q: Van loses power constantly - 2008 Dodge Sprinter

My van has gone close to 90,000 miles so far. I use it for work, so I don't drive it every day. When I do drive it, I usually run it in the 30-50 mph range. The problem with the van is the power loss, which occurs each time I drive the van. It runs on biodiesel. I was told that the power loss might be occurring because I don't drive often enough for the regen cycle to happen, which makes soot to burn off. I attempted to drive at higher RPMs and run longer distances but that didn't help much. I change the oil filter at regular intervals. I tried to restart the van when the problem happens. I'm not sure what I should do. Do you have any idea what might be the issue?

Is the Check Engine Light on, or is there any warning sign other than the power loss itself? One area to consider is to make sure all of the basic maintenance of the vehicle is up to date; This includes fluids, air filters and an ignition system tune-up. At 90,000 miles you should have serviced the engine oil and filter on a regular basis along with a fuel filter every 10,000 miles. The spark plugs, transmission fluid and transmission fluid filter were due to be serviced at 60,000 miles. Check your service records and if all of your services are up to date, and consider hiring one of our mobile experts for a personalized diagnosis and repair of your vehicle’s loss of power.

3. Van loses power constantly - 2008 Dodge Sprinter