Q: i changed the TPS and now my car wont shift out of park without the key release, and is shifting violently in gear

i changed the TPS and now my car wont shift out of park without the key release, and is shifting violently in gear

A: Check to see if your brake lights are comin...

Check to see if your brake lights are coming on when you press your brakes. If they do not work then check the brake light fuse and brake switch to see if they are okay. The brake lights need to work to activate the shift lock module and shift solenoid. Re-check to make sure TPS was installed correctly. This may have caused the transmission to shift bad and also would disable the shift interlock if the throttle position sensor is stuck at wide open throttle. Also, scan test the data for TPS for proper operation. If you need help with this, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your shifting problem and let you know what should be done next.