Q: I have a 2011 ford fusion that shuts off when I'm in the freeway going at 80mph. Does anyone knows what's wrong with it?

asked by on April 30, 2017

I have a 2011 Friday fusion that turns off when I'm in the freeway going at 80mph. The car looses power and it won't start right way, but if I leave it for a couple of minutes I'll start again. The car looses full power and when it shuts off on the freeway it has no power if I accelerate it, it won't go. I checked it and it does not have any car code problems. It will only shuts off when im in the freeway but it won't shut off when I'm in the city it only does it when I'm going fast at the freeway?

It is possible that you could be having issues with your powertrain control module. This module is the computer for your engine and transmission and may require reprogramming or replacement. I would recommend visiting your local Ford dealership as they have the scan tools and other necessary equipment to diagnose such an uncommon symptom.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr