Q: Fuel filter location - 2006 Ford FOCUS (South Africa model)

I have Ford Focus LS 2006. Wanted to change the fuel filter but couldn't locate. When I got my local mechanic he advised filter was internal part of fuel assembly but it didnt make sense to me as I never heard of any Ford FOCUS MODEL 2006 having any internal fuel filter to the best of my knowledge.

a) Was my mechanic right or b) he was too lazy to change it?

mine is : FORD FOCUS CL LS 2006 (SOUTH AFRICA)

please advise

Hi there - your mechanic was being straight with you. The fuel filter is attached to the fuel tank on the S. African models, with a seal in between the filter and tank. Getting a proper fit on re-assembly in the field is problematic, and it is hard to get them to seal properly. They are a mechanics headache! (N. American models have the filter just in front of the tank - different crash requirements.)

3. Fuel filter location - 2006 Ford FOCUS (South Africa model)