Q: Valve body solenoids

I believe i am having an issue with my Altima, shifting rough from 1st to 2nd. Pulled a valve body solenoid from another altima to install in mine. Is it possible to use a used solenoid for my car? Several mechanics said i cannot because theyre already programmed for the original car. I want to do the work myself, it isn't difficult to get the valve body out. My concern is with programming.

Hi there. Once a solenoid has been installed in a vehicle, it is linked with the ECU of that particular vehicle. So, in this case, the mechanics you’ve spoken to would be correct. The best solution here is to purchase a new, OEM valve body solenoid for your replacement job on the 2005 Nissan Altima.

3. Valve body solenoids