Q: Wil diving with a failed fuel level sensor damage my vehicle?

asked by on September 14, 2017

My check engine light came on this morning then message apeared that said fuel level sensor failed

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Sebastian. Thanks for contacting us tonight. The fuel level sensor might seem to be a minor component, but in actuality, it impacts a lot of different vehicle systems. If the fuel sensor does not work correctly, it can also cause the fuel gauge to read incorrectly. If you run out of fuel while driving, it will damage the fuel pump and can create internal engine damage. It’s quite possible that the error is caused by a dirty or damaged electrical connection to the sensor, so you might want to have this inspected by a professional mechanic to make sure.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr