If your crank shaft oxygen sensor is out what does your c...

Q: If your crank shaft oxygen sensor is out what does your car do?

asked by on April 20, 2017

What's wrong with my car there's oil coming up out of spark plug coils it gets hot then wont turn on

The oxygen sensor is mounted in the exhaust system piping. The sensor is easily tested. If the sensor is defective, gas mileage will be somewhat reduced and the engine will not perform well. Oil in and around the spark plugs and coil is usually due to a valve cover leak (cover and/or gasket defect) or a break in a rubber spark plug tube seal. The leak is repairable of course. If the car is not starting when hot, it could be at least partly related to oil getting all over the plug and coil but the way to diagnose that issue is to first fix the leak and get everything cleaned up so that you can be sure the hard starting is not related to the oil. If you still have hard starting, that issue would then be diagnosed focusing on the usual causes. To get all this resolved, I suggest you just start with an oil leak diagnostic and the mechanic will take the necessary technical steps to get your situation resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.