Q: Too much oil in air tube

asked by on June 01, 2016

I have more oil than it should be in the air tube. I was told that it is normal, but I am concerned if a bit too much oil from the air filter to the throttle body could bring damage. What do you think? Thanks.

PCV Valve Hose Replacement $89.59 - $187.91 Get a Quote

Hello. Some oil in the intake is normal. If there is a lot of oil then there may be something wrong. I usually clean the PCV system first to see if it is dirty and replace any worn parts. If that system is working correctly then there may be too much blow by in the engine causing this. This means that the engine may be heavily worn and need to be replaced. Using the wrong oil can also cause this. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this.