Q: Just had wheel speed sensor replaced, is the replacement of wheel bearings something I must do right away 2012 Chevrolet Impala

I just had my wheel speed sensor replaced, and one of your mechanics suggested I replace the wheel bearings as well. Because the problem was I'd make sharp turns and the stabilitrak, assistance brake, and traction control message would flash, if the traction symbol kept coming on. I have a 6 months warranty on the repair, it's only been one day. It's not as bad as before. But still kinda annoying. Should I take it back right away? Or give it some time. Mind you I have the six month warranty. In other words, is there going to be potential harm to my car? If I wait it out? Because damn, I just got the car back lol.

Hello. Unless the bearings are actually failing and making noise then they do not need to be replaced. I usually get the vehicle in the air and spin the bearings to listen for any noise or fell for any roughness. If there is none then it does not need them. If it does then they should be replaced soon. If you want to have them looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [see if you need bearings] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/wheel-bearings-replacement

3. Just had wheel speed sensor replaced, is the replacement of wheel bearings something I must do right away 2012 Chevrolet Impala