Q: Replaced power steering pump and still have a hard steering.

asked by on December 06, 2016

my car have had this harden steering problem, especially when it's slow down. i have tried every effort to resolve this issue by replacing the POWER STEERING PUMP, but not solved. please i need your expertise advice on how to go about this problem. thank you.

Hi there. There is a PML valve that is on the rack and pinion steering on your vehicle. Check to see if the valve is working. The PML valve is is the speed sensitive steering valve for the steering system. If the valve gets stuck, then the system will back up in pressure and act as if the power steering pump is not working. If you have already replaced the power steering pump, I recommend replacing the PML valve. If you need further assistance with your steering being hard, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.