Q: Engine sluggish, hesitates during accleration

asked by on May 31, 2016

I have some issues with my van during acceleration. It would start to run rough and stumbe. The engine seems to be sluggish and lose speed. The dashborad light showed engine light flashing as well. I started using different gas. Could it cause this issue? If not, what could be the problem? Thanks.

Hello. A flashing Check Engine Light on your vehicle typically indicates that there is an engine misfire. This can occur from a failing spark plug or more commonly a clogged or failing fuel injection unit. I typically check the spark plugs first and the other ignition parts to see if they are worn. Then I check the computer to see if it is running lean or rich indicating a fuel problem. A scan tool is one of the best tools for diagnosing this. If you need to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your engine’s hesitation issue.