Q: The heat/ac blower stopped working.

We were riding in a bumpy dirt road. Later I went to turn on the ac but the blower fan doesn't come on. It doesn't work on any speed. I thought it may be the relay but idk how to check that. Is there any other suggestions that can be causing the issue? Thanks

A: The blower motor relay should be labeled C1...

The blower motor relay should be labeled C1011 in the battery distribution box under the hood. The simplest way to test it is to see if any adjacent relays are similar and temporarily swap them. If the fuse and relay are good, it’s more likely that your blower motor itself has gone bad.

The blower motor resistor is more likely to lose one or two fan speeds when they start to go bad. The resistor is actually there really only for speeds 1,2, and 3. Once you move the switch to 4, it’s getting straight battery voltage. So if it’s not operating on any speed including 4, odds are it’s the blower motor itself.

If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose your A/C issue and fix it accordingly. Best of luck.