Q: The hood of my car does not stay open

Hi I have an appointment set for Friday I just was trying to get in touch with the mechanic to tell him that the hood of the Honda does not stay up on its own. So I was not sure if he had a tool or something to keep it up while he was working on it

A: Hello! The hood on your car uses two hydrau...

Hello! The hood on your car uses two hydraulic struts that support the hood when it is up. When the struts lose their internal pressure they no longer can hold up the hood. Even if one is bad, the good one may not have enough power to hold up the hood. The mechanic coming to work on your car will have either a pair of vice grips to lock up the hood or will have an alternate method to hold the hood up.

If you'd like, you could have the two hood supports replaced by one of our mechanics. This way, when you have to open your hood in the future you will not need to find another device to support the hood for you. We have passed your information onto our support team to make sure that our technician will have a hood support during your service. To get in touch with our support team for more information, you can call us at 1-800-701-6230 or send us an e-mail at hi@yourmechanic.com.