Q: Rough idle when engine is hot after 10 minutes of sitting

After the Jeep sits for 10 to 12 minutes it is sometimes hard to start but other times not a problem (Only 10 to 12 mins before10 mins or after 12 no problem). Once it is running it does fine in park or neutral. But once you put it in gear and it becomes under load, it sputters, spits, wants to die... If you apply the gas pedal, it gets worse, then acts as it has unclogged itself... Smells really rich of gas and exhaust. Then fine till the next episode.

Based on the information you provided, It sounds like you may have sticking or leaking fuel injector. I suggest having the car looked at by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose your rough running symptoms and the smell to determine the exact cause of your concern.

3. Rough idle when engine is hot after 10 minutes of sitting