Q: Q: Code P0171?

Just got my car out of the shop and they replaced the head gasket. Today my check engine light came on so I took it to auto zone and got the code read. It says "Code P0171 indicates that the Bank 1 System is too lean for a predetermined period of time." When I left autozone the check engine light turned off. The car is running normally. Does this have anything to do with the head gasket? I don't know anything about cars but I thought that maybe the code for the head gasket was still on there and reading it turned it off. What could this be?

Hi there. The P0171 code means that, on the first bank of the engine, the fuel system is running weak or a vacuum leak exists near this side of the engine. A lean condition occurs when the engine either receives too little fuel or too much air. You might want to read this article about this error code to review the possible sources and causes of this problem. Generally speaking it would not be related to the actual head gasket replacement. However, it is possible that they forgot to attach a sensor connection or other component during the service, so I would contact them about this error code to see if they’ll resolve the issue.

3. Q: Code P0171?