Q: Water leaking from above thermostat i believe help. 1995 Toyota 4Runner V6

asked by on February 03, 2017

I just changed my radiator with a brand new one. When i look under the car i see coolant leaking i just poured in. The leaks are coming from where the oil pan is kinda above it i believe its the thermostat if you follow the lower radiator hose the leaks are coming from the engine im not sure if it's the water pump or thermostat maybe one you guys know. Thank you

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi - finding coolant leaks like this requires a careful eye. Tight engine packaging, and the fact that slow leaks can evaporate quickly, make it more difficult to determine the source of the leak. A leaking hose connection at the thermostat, the thermostat housing or gasket itself, or the water pump, are all on pretty-much the same vertical path to the bottom of the engine. I recommend a coolant leak inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr