Q: Error codes P0131 and P0151

I have error codes P0131 and P0151. The definition I'm given for P0131 is "Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 electrical circuit signal had low voltage for a predetermined period of time". There is no definition given for P0151. Under "error codes read" section I'm given: "P0131 HO2S-11 (bank 1 sensor 1) circuit low input (lean shift)" and " P0151 O2 circuit low voltage (bank 2 sensor 1)". I understand the sensor 1 means it is before the cat converter. I also understand the bank 1 and bank 2 being the different sides of the engine. Question 1 is, what is the difference between "circuit low input (lean shift)" and "circuit low voltage" ? Are these different or similar problems? Question 2 is, is it unusual for both sensors to come up bad at once, or does it point to there being a problem somewhere else that is effecting both sensors?

Hi there:

It would be best for you to review these two links; the first describes what the P0151 OBD-II Trouble Code is and what typically causes it, and second, the P0131 code and what it means.