Q: Description of Problem: clutch master cylinder leak 1993 Ford Ranger

Description of Problem: The line going from the side of the clutch master cylinder down to the transmission. It is leaking at the point where the line is attached to the side of the master cylinder. I need to know about the o-ring washer that goes on the end of the fitting. Seems it was bad and deteriorated so I do not know what it looked like. I have tried putting another small o-ring washer on it, but still get a leak. The line also has some play in ii that allows it to be pulled very slightly. I realize the play is cause of leak, but perhaps I have wrong 0-ring washer or something else.

Thanks for any help

Hi there - your clutch fluid line leak may be a problem with the connector thread for either the master cylinder itself, or the fluid line going to the slave cylinder. I recommend a fluid leak inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, determine which component is causing the leak, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Description of Problem: clutch master cylinder leak 1993 Ford Ranger