Q: Check Engine light coming on

Check engine light came on and I have the following codes showing up: P0440, P0513, P0633

I tried tightening my fuel cap and that didn't seem to stop it. I bought this car (used) less than 24 hours ago and the engine light just came on. I didn't drive it very much today.

A: The P0440 code is for a malfunction in the ...

The P0440 code is for a malfunction in the evaporative emissions system. This is a control system malfunction code so there may be a component the vehicle computer is trying to activate that is not functioning properly or there may be a break somewhere causing an air leak. If your gas cap seal looks worn you may be able to replace it and have the code cleared and drive a few days to see if the code comes back. The other codes are immobilizer and key malfunctions which will have to be corrected at your local dealer where they have the equipment to fix the program and give you new keys if needed. For the best solutions to your concerns, your local dealer as they would be best equipped with the parts and programming materials.