Q: What all transmissions are interchangeable with my vehicle

asked by on October 10, 2016

I would like to know what all rear ends are interchangeable with my vehicle 1990 Chevrolet Suburban R1500

Hello. It really depends on which rear end that you have and if the vehicle is four-wheel drive. If it is four-wheel drive then the differential gearing has to be the same in the front and the rear so you will be limited. If it is two wheel drive then you can use the differential out of any suburban of half ton GM truck from about 1987 to 1998. If you have ABS, that will limit you too as it will need to have the same speed sensor connection.