Q: It stalls while driving, fuel pump has been replaced, checked fuel module...still stalls in middle of road

The Explorer would start fine, then drive fine...all of the sudden it loses power and just stalls on the road.

Waiting a while, it starts again, does the same thing...I have taken it to a mechanic and they replaced the fuel pump, checked the fuel module. The problem is still there...

There are a huge amount of possible causes for your stalling problem. They include other fuel related components, ignition (spark) components, electrical components, or air intake components.

Do you know for a fact your technician scanned the computer for troubleshooting codes? This needs to be done. Has this happened all on one tank of gas? Although it is rare, a fouled tank of gas can cause these problems. Second to fuel is the ignition system. Make sure to check the spark plugs, coils, and distributor? These can also fail and cause these symptoms. The mass airflow sensor and air intake temperature sensors should be checked as well. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling problem and pinpoint the needed repair.

3. It stalls while driving, fuel pump has been replaced, checked fuel module...still stalls in middle of road