Q: When replacing the AC Compressor, do I need to replace both expansion valves as well or just the front

My 2005 Honda Pilot AC compressor clutch coil is no good so I've decided to replace the compressor. I also plan on replacing the expansion valve and the condenser. I learned that the condenser cannot be flushed and should be replaced and that the desiccant bag is in one side of the condenser. I also learned that there are 2 expansion valves: one for the front AC and one for the rear. Should I be replacing the rear expansion valve as well? What problems might I run into if I don't?

Hi there. Anytime you replace major air conditioning system components like the AC compressor, it’s recommended to purchase all supporting hardware and replace it at the same time. AC works as a series of individual components working efficiently together to create cool air that flows into your cabin. As such, if you’re replacing the front expansion valve, it’s a good idea to replace the rear at the same time. This increases overall efficiency of the system, reduces the potential of small component failure and allows the parts you replaced to last longer.

3. When replacing the AC Compressor, do I need to replace both expansion valves as well or just the front