Q: Car won't start, it doesn't even click and i know i need my valve gasket cover replaced.

Car just won't start the lights and everything come on so I know it's not to battery and I still have oil in my car. I'm just wondering if not changed my valve gasket cover sooner has ruined my spark plugs to the point it wont start.

Hi There, A number of things may cause the vehicle not to start, but still provide power to the lights and accessories. It sounds like what you are describing may be related to a faulty starter relay. The starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems including no response when turning the key to start. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter.

Changing the valve cover gasket should not have anything to do with the vehicle’s ability to start. The purpose of the valve cover gasket is mainly to keep oil from leaking out of the cylinder head area during operation as oil is circulated up through the valve train. This should not impact the car’s ability to start. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Car won't start, it doesn't even click and i know i need my valve gasket cover replaced.