Q: My truck feels like it wants to shut off when I'm parking or at an idle.

The other night I was using an inverter and accidentally drained the trucks battery. The only jumper cables i was able to get my hands on looked like they were made out speaker wire and alligator clips. either way, I was able to get my truck started with those cables. but after that, it felt like I was losing power on the freeway, then the check engine light came on and started flashing every time the truck would lose power and start sputtering. Then it would go away and pick up speed again and the light would stay on until i would come up to an incline the it would do this all over again. I replaced the coil pack and it seemed to help for a day or so. But now it started to act up again. it feels like when i am trying to park and i turn the steering wheel to either direction if i dont keep my foot on the gas, it will stall on me. thats how low the rpms get.

Throttle Position Sensor Replacement $129.21 - $646.10 Get a Quote

Hi There, The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal as you describe. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose your vehicle’s running condition.