new rotors, calipers, master cyl , hoses and pads. brakes...

Q: new rotors, calipers, master cyl , hoses and pads. brakes still engage on their own while driving

asked by on November 14, 2017

(front) new rotors, calipers, master cyl , hoses and pads. brakes still semi engage on their own while driving (the reason I made all of the repairs). bench bled master cyl and bled both wheels does not occur all of the time. brakes are smoking at times now

You will need to lift truck to see of any of the wheels brakes are locking up? If you find the front brakes are locking up then crack loose one line at a time at the master cylinder to see if brakes release? If they do then you will need to inspect the brake pedal is not sticking partly down and not coming back to full up position. If you can pull up on pedal then check linkage for cause or it may be return spring or brake booster sticking.