Q: removing/installing shift cable through firewall hole

asked by on July 05, 2017

I have the shift cable and can change the cable but am having troubles getting the shift cable through the firewall when trying to remove the old cable. Any tips on how to remove the cable through the firewall?

It can be tricky, especially as the cable is usually buried amidst other components. The best approach is use the steps in the car manual because that way you do not have to improvise. However, if the manual is not accessible, you can request cable replacement by a trained professional and he or she will have that documentation at hand. The recommended service is shift cable replacement. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get the cable replacement taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.