Q: Changing my radio, and may be the whole dash (center console) 2010 Cadillac SRX

asked by on December 09, 2016

When I bought this car in 2010 in Mexico, the sold it to me with no bluetooh functionallity... Well, I accepted... The point is that I have been keeping my car up to date in everything, and I do not want to change it... Low milleage, no failures at all... Etc.

I had this idea of changing the whole center dash (center cosole) that includes the radio and different controls in in the center of the cabin...

My model has a mobile display that ups with a touch, and as I can see, the complete "piece", is exactly shaped as the one in newer models...

I had the idea of replace the dash where the radio and navigation system is located...

I thought that maybe I can go to a place where the crashed cars are taken and buy the whole thing, to change the looks of my car and having bluetooth funcionallity...

What do you believe? Is it possible? To replace the center console and all its controls and panel?

Thanks Sorry if I made any mistake writing, but english is not my native language

Hello - your English is very good actually. Yes, your plan makes good sense. The radio (or ’infotainment center’ as they are now called) is modular, and at least within your make and model, fairly interchangeable. A radio/infotainment cluster from another 2010 SRX with the features you desire can be physically interchanged with your existing package quite easily. There MAY be some re-programming required (Cadillac dealer required for this) due to the interaction with other systems in the car. The electronic systems are heavily integrated these days. Good luck with your swap!