Q: Q: Brake Lights don't work

The power locks and the brake lights don't work. What should I do?

If both of these features quit working at the same time, you may just have blown a fuse. If neither one of these are related, the problem may be two separate ones.

The power locks are controlled by a control module (computer), a door lock actuator, mechanical rods, wiring, and a fuse. If any of these parts are not up to par, this can cause the power locks to be inoperative.

As for the brake lights, this system consists of a lightbulb, wiring, a light socket, a fuse, and likely a lighting control module. Similarly, if any of these parts are not working properly, it can cause the brake lights not to work.

YourMechanic can send a qualified technician to your home or business to inspect your power door lock issue, as well as take a look at your inoperative brake lights, then recommend the best path to repair.

3. Q: Brake Lights don't work