Q: Dashboard is coming apart, really unsightly

My 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee came with a dashboard covered in leather from the factory, which I thought was a really great touch. Now I cannot stand it. After 45,000 miles, the leather bubbled up in the heat one day (normal summer heat, I don’t live in the desert!) and now the leather is separating from the rest of the dash. Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed with the quality in this Jeep. Is there anything to be done to fix this?

A: There are many owner complaints that the le...

There are many owner complaints that the leather covered dash has started to bubble and delaminate. However, you will most likely not see a recall as it does not present a safety issue. If you contact the dealer or manufacturer and put in a customer assistance request to replace your dash assembly, they may assist with the cost to replace it.

If they will not cover or help with replacement, I would suggest visiting a custom interior repair shop to get their suggestions. They may be able to repair it without replacing the complete dash assembly.